Don’t let bad breath stop you from having a social interaction. Find how you can control and eliminate unpleasant odor from your mouth. Make that effort to maintain a healthy oral health. Find out what cures bad breath with these seven tips.
Brush teeth at least twice daily.
Aim to brush your teeth when you wake up and before going to bed. Regular brushing helps in removing the trapped food
particles in between your teeth. Thus, this bad breath remedies offer less chances of bacterial growth to thrive and cause mouth odor.
- Scrape or clean our tongue. When food particles accumulate on the tongue, it serves as a breeding ground for bacteria. To fully clean your oral cavity, scrape your tongue to get rid of food particles.
- Floss daily. Not all left food particles are removed with brushing. Flossing effectively gets rid of stuck food particles. Dentists strongly recommend flossing before bedtime at night to avoid growth of bacteria.
- Quit smoking. One of the leading bad breath causes is smoking. Apart from bad breath, it also causes teeth stains and lung disease.
- Visit your dentist every six months. Nothing beats professional dental cleaning at least twice a year. The dentist can also assess for tooth cavities, broken teeth, or teeth extraction.
- Use mouthwash. Alcohol-based mouthwash can dry your mouth leading to bad breath. Look for mouthwash without alcohol content. Regularly gargle with mouthwash to prevent bacterial growth in your mouth. You would feel confident with your fresh breath for the whole day.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Dry mouth is associated to bad breath. By keeping your moist by drinking plenty of water, it flushes out toxins from the body and dislodges food particles trapped in between teeth. This tip to what cures bad breath is the easiest thing to follow.
These tips are not meant to substitute medical advice. Follow these tips on what cures bad breath caused by simple dental conditions. If your bad breath becomes chronic and persistent, see you doctor who can decide the cause of your mouth door and prescribe the right bad breath treatment for you.