Go natural in curing bad breath!
Bad breath also called halitosis is an embarrassing problem caused by an accumulation of bacteria in the mouth. There are other factors that influence mouth odor that can be corrected with natural breath remedies. Read on to find out more on natural cures for stinky breath.
Causes of bad breath
Various causes are found to result to bad breath. When food particles are left in between teeth, it promotes food decay and bacterial growth. Another cause is the breakdown of proteins in the mouth due to food particles. Other major causes of bad breath include the use of tobacco-based products through chewing or smoking, dental decay, diseases, and the use of certain medications.
10 Natural bad breath remedies
Herbs as powerful mouth odor remedies don’t contain harmful chemicals found in commercially prepared oral care products. Browse through the list of natural remedies for bad oral breath.
- Mint leaves when chewed instantly freshens breath.
- Sip unsweetened tea to correct bad breath.
- Eat yogurt for a period of six weeks cures stinky breath.
- Fenugreek or methi seed is another herb that correct unpleasant odor from the mouth.
- Chew one clove after meals to help deal the problem of having unpleasant breath.
- Gargle frequently with a glass of water and some lemon squeeze.
- A wonderful post-meal breath freshener is chewing on some sunflower seeds.
- Munch on apples everyday to removes the bacteria in your mouth.
- To clean your tongue, gargle baking soda dissolved in warm water.
- Chew on some cardamom seeds as sweet breath freshener.